Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

With Merlefest, that is. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to join the 8th graders at my school and chaperone them at this wonderful event.

As a pianist, I already feel like I'm blonde and not too grounded with other people since I'm so flighty, but at Merlefest, I feel like I'm one of the crowd!! That doesn't happen too often in my world.

I love hearing the music, watching people dance and walk around, watch kids playing football and frisbee while their parents are hard at work in the booths.....oh, but the music.

I've never considered myself as a bluegrass/folk music fan, but I was hooked as I listened to really cool bands using bluegrass/folk and mixing it with rap and other genres. It's really interesting to me to see music history in real time!

No comments:

Post a Comment