Sunday, November 1, 2009

Christmas Already??

I just sat down at my puter after working for the past couple of hours on various Christmas decorations.  I now have my snow scene village on my table, Mackenzie's baby tree at the top of the stairs and thinking about getting the garland up on the staircase.  All that and I still haven't taken the Halloween flag down from the front porch!

I know a lot of you are probably thinking that I'm absolutely crazy....and I am, but you also have to realize that we have been working on the Christmas Cantata for our church chancel choir since early August, my children's choir has been working on the Christmas play for a couple of weeks now, my 6th, 7th, and 8th grade choirs have been practicing for their December 15th concert for a month and a half.  We've been saturated with planning, rehearsing and the likes.  We've even started watching our Christmas movies early so that we can even get in the mood to continue with all the rehearsals!

For the next 2 months, we will not have a weekend free to even think about decorating.  I like for my Chrismtas decs to be done before Thanksgiving cause I don't want to spend all of my time off trying to decorate the house.  That's not so crazy, is it?  Granted, we won't put the outside lights on until around Thanksgiving, but we have an ingenious way to hang those, so it won't take but 10 minutes!!

Even now, Mackenzie and I are snuggled up on the couch together watching "The Christmas Story". 

I love Christmas.  I hate all the long rehearsals, the concerts, the impromptu performances for various groups, but I love my family, I love God for sending His son, Jesus, so that He will give Himself as a sacrifice in order to save me.  This time of the year is the best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment